They’ll never guess what hit them.
- Nodding your head while asking a question makes the other person more likely to agree with you.
- Use silence to your advantage when negotiating. People are uncomfortable with silence, and will often do whatever it takes to break it.
- If you want someone to believe your lie, add an embarrassing detail about yourself.
- Asking people to do you favors for you actually gets them to like you more. Just don’t overdo this or else it’ll get tedious and annoying.
- Whispering something to someone almost guarantees that they’ll whisper back.
- When having a conversation with someone, pick a word they say and each time they say it (or something similar to it), smile or nod and watch them say the word all the time.
- Convince people you’re a mind reader: Ask them to hold up their hand and to think of one of their fingers without telling you which one. Then very gently push against each finger, one by one, with your own finger. When you get to the finger they have chosen, they will unconsciously put up a tiny resistance, or counter-pressure, to your finger.
- If you’re playing a game against someone and you want them to mess up, ask them how exactly they’re playing so well. They’ll overthink it.
- If you want to get rid of an object, for example walking with a friend while holding a bag, just keep talking while handing him the bag and most of the time, people will just take the object automatically without thinking.
- And finally, the best of them all: Go up to someone in a restaurant and shout: “Look! Over there!” While they look, eat as much of their food as you can and run away.
Have fun being evil!